Migrating Applications to the Cloud with Azure
Whether you are trying to re-architect a legacy app or build a cloud-ready app from scratch, using the Azure ecosystem with .NET and Java technologies helps you to strategize and plan your app modernization process effectively.
With this book, you’ll learn how to modernize your applications by using Azure for containerization, DevOps, microservices, and serverless solutions to reduce development time and costs, while also making your applications robust, secure, and scalable.
You will delve into improving application efficiency by using container services such as Azure Container Service, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), and more. Next, you will learn to modernize your application by implementing DevOps throughout your application development life cycle. You will then focus on increasing the scalability and performance of your overall application with microservices, before learning how to add extra functionality to your application with Azure serverless solutions. Finally, you’ll get up to speed with monitoring and troubleshooting techniques.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to use the Azure ecosystem to refactor, re-architect, and rebuild your web, mobile, and desktop applications.
What you will learn
- Use DevOps and containerization technologies to modernize your applications and infrastructure
- Build microservices using Azure Service Fabric
- Develop scalable applications using Azure Functions
- Manage and deploy your application code and database connectivity
- Secure and monitor your applications in Azure effectively
- Design for high availability and disaster recovery