Hands-on Azure Digital Twins: A practical guide to building distributed IoT solutions
Build your own digital twin in no time!
- Build and design simple to complex dDigital Ttwins solutions
- Create end-to-end solutions with Azure Digital Twins
- Integrate the Azure Digital Twins service with other Azure services to provide even richer solutions
In today’s world, clients are using more and more IoT sensors to monitor their business processes and assets. Think about collecting information like pressure from an engine to the temperature and light switch being turned on or off in a room. The data collected can be used to create smart solutions for predicting future trends, creating simulations, and drawing insights using visualization. This makes it beneficial for organizations to make digital twins, which are digital replicas of the real environment, to support these smart solutions.
This book will help you understand the concept of a digital twin and how this can be implemented using an Azure service called Azure Digital Twins. Starting with the requirements and installation of the Azure Digital Twins service, the book will explain the definition language used for modeling digital twins. From there, you’ll go through each step of building digital twins using Azure Digital Twins and learn about the different SDKs and APIs and how to use them with several Azure services. Finally, you’ll understand how digital twins can be used in practice with the help of several real-world scenarios.
By the end of this digital twin book, you’ll be confident in building and designing digital twins and integrating them with various Azure services.
What you will learn
- Understand the concept and architecture of Azure Digital Twins
- Get to grips with installing and configuring the service and required tools
- Understand the Digital Twin Definition Language (DTDL) and digital twin models
- Explore the APIs and SDKs available to access the Azure Digital Twins services
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and secure Digital Twins
- Discover how to build, design, and integrate applications with various Azure services
- Explore real-life scenarios of the applicability of Azure Digital Twins
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Azure developers, Azure architects, and anyone who wants to learn more about how to implement IoT solutions using Azure Digital Twins and additional Azure services. Prior experience using the Azure Portal and a clear understanding of building applications using .NET would be helpful.
Table of Contents
- About Digital Twins
- Requirements and installation
- Digital Twin Definition Model
- Understanding Models
- Model Elements
- Creating Relationships between Azure Digital Twin Models
- Query Digital Twins
- Building Models Using Ontologies
- APIs and SDKs
- Building a Digital Twin Pipeline
- Updating the Model
- Data Egress
- Setting Up Azure Maps
- Monitor and Troubleshoot
- Security and Continuity
- Smart Building
- Insights of a Facility